Wednesday 1 October 2014

Gold Leaf and Lace





 I love these Christmas hanging hearts. They are decoupaged in the same way as the Festive Bunting. Instead of inking the edges I played with a new toy!!


A gold leafing pen!! 


I edged the edges of the hearts added some jute twine and they are all done and dusted!


I managed to get my hands on metres of this daisy trim in a bright white... As I rarely use white trim something had to be done... Pinched a couple of A.N.Other's tea bags and made a bowl of very strong tea! This trim is man-made and so could take the hot water.


Next a bowl of raspberry and apple infusion....


How long you leave the trim in will determine the colour - a bit of trial and error.  Once it is removed from the bowl rinse under cold running water and pop outside to dry. I then iron it between some brown paper and wrap for a later day! This is my idea of short, sweet and to the point.


Some pretty shades there...

I would love to know if you give either of these projects a go. Photos always welcome! 

This evening I am going to plough through a small mountain of ironing as #4 off on a school trip to Barcelona - lucky girl! Though getting her to school for 03.45am isn't going down too well!

I can usually be found at www.facebook.com/BeadsBraidsAndBowswww.facebook.com/BeadsBraidsAndBows blathering away!
Please pop over and say a big blogland hello.

Loves & Hugs.
Lor. xx


No comments:

Post a Comment